Monday, March 25, 2013

Dominican Republic immigrant claims $338 million Powerball lottery jackpot

We have another happy lottery winner!  The fourth-largest jackpot in the Powerball history was claimed by a 44-year-old immigrant from the Dominican Republic living in Passaic County, NJ.  Good for dude, your life won't ever be the same.  Snooki will be happy to party with you.

So how much will he take home?  If he decides to take lump sum payout, and who wouldn't, the winnings go down to $221 million.  Don't forget the tax.  The final sum would be around $152 million.  So, pretty much, the lottery and the state take half of his money.  Great.

It's still a lot of money and hopefully it will be used for good.

Eagle Liquor store where ticket was purchased, will receive $10,000 bonus cut.  That's all.  However, Pravin Mankodia who actually sold the ticket, is very happy for the customer.

Some interesting Twitter posts about the jackpot:

Okay. I'll 'fess up. I was in Jersey Saturday. I won #Powerball. Donating my winnings to Russian depositors in Cypriot banks. #sarcasm Ciao!

If I win #powerball, Dunkin Donuts better be delivering whatever size I want to my bedroom door.

#POWERBALL WINNER: Congratulations to Pedro Quesada of #Passaic | More: (Photo by Monsy Alvarado / Staff) pic.twitter.com/llpbAknKdl

No comments: